Monday, January 07, 2008

Weekend Update

Simple Prayer Works
As many of you know, last week was tough for me physically. I was flat on my back all week with unrelenting neck, back and shoulder pain. I ended up in the emergency room twice with an allergic reaction to some muscle relaxers and pain killers. However, after much needed rest, chiropractic care and especially the prayers of our church, I woke up this morning feeling like a new man. Thanks so much for your prayers! They are working.

Go God!
Yesterday's service was phenomenal. We kicked off our brand new series, Simple Prayer: Talk to God. The staff told me that 60 people responded to opportunity to put their faith in Christ! That's awesome. Also, we set an attendance record in our kids ministry too! I want to thank the staff and team of volunteers for doing such a great job in ministry. There is a movement of momentum that we are already sensing in response to our time of prayer and fasting.

Journal Challenge
Already I've heard great responses from the prayer journal challenge which began yesterday. God honors the prayers of his people. Don't miss out on this opportunity. Begin reading, praying and fasting with us during the month of January.

Invest and Invite
This weekends service is going to be great. I sense God speaking to my spirit that something special will take place. Don't miss this weekend. Continue to pray and invite your friends to come and see what God is doing at PCC.