Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Journal Challenge Day #24

Scripture: Acts 24:16
So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.
Observation:
Paul stood before his accusers and gave an account for his life, beliefs and actions. In his defense, he said, in essence, I stand before you with a clear conscience before God and man. He had nothing to hide and nothing to cover up. Paul's life was an open book - the good, the bad and all the in between. This gave him boldness to stand and tell the truth without any reservation or regret.
Application:
When I live a life of character and integrity it empowers me to stand up and speak boldly for God. A clear conscience means that I've dealt with my past sins and I am living a righteous life before God today. What freedom there is to walk in God's grace as we live forgiven and holy lives. Guilt-free living helps me make a stand for Christ.
Prayer:
Father, thank you for your forgiveness and grace. Thank you for helping me live and minister from a perspective of grace instead of guilt. Your grace and empowerment now enables me to live every day for you. Please give me the courage and strength to speak up for you today.