Friday, January 04, 2008

New Year's Questions

Questions. We've all got'em. I've had a lot of time to think about things the past week since my neck, shoulder and back seized up on me Sunday morning prior to speaking.

Sometimes God has a way of making you slow down long enough to get your attention.

In the meantime, here are some of the questions I've been asking myself. Perhaps they will also help you reevaluate your life as we begin 2008 together.

1. How's my walk with God? On a scale of 1 to 10, where am I in my prayer life, bible study and spending time with the lost? If it's not where it should be, what am I going to do to change that in 2008?

2. How's my marriage? On a scale of 1 to 10? Now, maybe I should ask my spouse over a nice quiet dinner and see what they think. If it's not where it could or should be, what steps will we take to strengthen our marriage?

3. What caused me the most stress in 2007? What am I going to do to fix that in 08?

4. How's my health? Am I getting enough exercise? When was the last time I had a physical? What can I do to improve my health? More fiber : (

5. Is there anyone's forgiveness I need to seek? Is there anyone I need to forgive?

6. Are my finances in order? How did I do in my giving and saving and earning last year? What do I need to change in 08?

7. What's my personal growth plan for 2008 look like? What books am I planning on reading? What seminars will I attend? What vacations will I take? What books of the Bible will I study? What do I want to see God do in my life next year?