Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Day #3 Journal Challenge

Scripture: Acts 3:6
"Silver or gold I do not have, but what I have I give you."

Observation:
When Peter and John were on their way to a prayer meeting God decided to perform a miracle on the church steps. It's interesting that when we commit to be part of corporate prayer that God creates opportunities to perform supernatural works. A handicapped beggar was looking for another donation but God had more in mind. Because of Peter and John's willingness to give Jesus (that is - their faith and belief in God's power to change peoples lives) the man's health was completely restored and he began to share this gift of Jesus with onlookers.

Application:
As an American, it's really hard to understand the phrase "silver and gold have I none." Compared to the rest of the world, Americans are so wealthy. However, as a Christ-follower, it's even more difficult for me to look at the needs I'm surrounded by every day and not be willing to share Jesus with those God brings into my path. As I commit to a lifestyle of prayer, God will give me divine appointments to share Jesus in practical ways. It may be through a smile, handshake, opening a door, or even giving to the poor and telling someone how God has changed my life through faith in Christ.

Prayer:
Heavenly Father, help me share Jesus with a lost and hurting world today. If I don't accomplish anything else today, let me be an extension of your healing touch to those in need. Help me be sensitive to your Holy Spirit as I anticipate opportunities to be your hands, your eyes, your ears and your feet today. I want to be used by you today to add value to another. And when the opportunity comes, give me the faith and course to release what you've given to me - whether that's money, time, or any other resource - so that it can be used to build your Kingdom.