Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Journal Challenge Day #25

Scripture: Acts 25:22
"I would like to hear this man myself."

Observation:
Paul was standing trial before Festus. When Festus couldn't find anything wrong with Paul, he consulted King Agrippa for advice. After hearing the amazing story of Paul's spiritual transformation and teachings about a dead man walking, Agrippa declared, "I would like to hear this man myself."

Application:
Paul's preaching and his personal story of life change captured the hearts and imagination of even the biggest skeptics and cynics. They wanted to hear what he had to say and judge for themselves the contents and validity of his message. I want to be that kind of preacher that captures the heart and mind of my community - both ordinary men and influential leaders alike.

Prayer:
God thank you for giving me the opportunity to preach your message each week at PCC. You know that I feel completely unqualified every time I stand up to speak. I thank you that you use the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. I pray that you will continue to anoint my words and the hearts and minds of the listeners as I stand before them this weekend.