Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Day #4 Journal Challenge

Scripture: Acts 4:29
"Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness."

Observation:
Persecution led the early church to prayer. Those early followers of Christ had their lives threatened for sharing the message that Jesus Christ had truly risen from the dead. In spite of their fear, they prayed to God for courage to continue telling others about Jesus.

Application:
Prayer is born out of desperation. Persecution and difficulty, when seen through God's perspective, can create an amazing spirit of prayer which can lead to spiritual breakthrough in our lives. I need to consciously share my faith every day despite the cost. Sure, I may get some weird looks ... I may lose some friends ... I may even lose some face. But, I need to remember that God will be with me when I call upon his name to enable me to tell others about his great love.

Prayer:
God, you know my fears and my faults when it comes to sharing my faith. Help me make time to with my lost friends today and give me the power and spiritual boldness to tell them how you changed my life.