Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What I'm Excited About - Part 3

3. I'm excited about our church.

I love our church. There is no greater organization in the world other than the local church. The church has the only answer to the problems of this world - that is Jesus and the fact that He lives. The church is a place where the lost can be found, the hurting can be healed, the gospel can be preached, the saints be equipped, the hungry be fed, and the lonely be embraced into community.

There is nothing in this entire world I would rather spend my time doing that building the church. I've dedicated my life to this noble endeavor. The picture of a church operating in the context of Biblical community is my dream for PCC. It's the picture of an Acts 2 church.

Here ares some specific things I'm excited about PCC:
*we love one another regardless of color, socioeconomic status or ethnicity
*we love the lost and are intentional about winning souls for Christ
*we embrace change and don't have any sacred cows
*that we are going to have a building to call home one day soon
*we know how to laugh and throw a good party
*we have a great team of volunteers who work tirelessly every weekend
*we are blessed with a wonderful pastoral staff that enjoy being together
*we value prayer and small group environments to foster spiritual growth
*i'm excited about this fall and kicking off a church-wide spiritual growth emphasis

I know we are not a perfect church. As long as I'm the pastor, this will never be a perfect church because I'm a naturally flawed and imperfect human being. But I have a desire to make my life and minsitry count for Christ. And as I seek God and his direction for the future of this church, it is my prayer that we continue to grow deeper in his Word, higher in his praise, and wider in his love to a lost and hurting world.

What do you love about PCC?