Monday, June 25, 2007

Things That Bug Me - Part 1

At the risk of sounding negative, let me share some things with you this week that really bug me. Why, you ask? Well, if you really want to get to know someone, you have to learn what they like and also what they don't like.

Here are a few things about life and ministry that kind of get under my skin.

1. Anchovies on pizza. Disgusting. Fish on pizza. Come on!

2. Waiting in lines. Any line.

3. Laziness. Most of life boils down to hard work. It really bugs me to be around people who don't know the value of an honest days work.

4. Know-it-alls. These "Cliff Clavens" of the world irratate the snot out of me. These people seem to know everything about everything but NEVER DO ANYTHING!

5. People who are rude to waiters/waitresses. I used to be a waiter. That's how I put myself through seminary. It's an incredibly stressful job. Everybody wants something and they want it now. What really used to bug me when I was a waiter was someone who would be rude to me and then leave a track on the table with a lousy tip.

Tomorrow's topic: religion, legalism and traditionalism!