Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bad Weather Lessons - Part 3

As you know, the past two months we have had to cancel 8 different services at PCC due to the bad weather. While many of our families have been faithful to send in their tithe via the mail or our online giving, unfortunately we have significantly fallen behind in our giving.

Of course, this comes at the most challenging financial time in our church history as we are now paying nearly the full mortgage on our new facility as well as the fees on our rented facilities.

I'm reminded that God can help us overcome any challenge if we are faithful to put our trust and hope in him. I owe it to you as your pastor to let you know the reality of our financial situation, as well as encourage you (and myself) to continue to put our trust in God. He is the One that will supply all our needs.

This weekend I feel God has led me to do something for many in our church that are hurting financially. You don't want to miss this weekend. As I am submitting to God's leading, I know He will use this weekend to bring breakthrough for many of those in our church.

PS - the latest weather report for this weekend is clear skies and sunshine!!!