Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bad Weather Lessons - Part 2

2. Bad weather shows you who is really committed to your church. 

This past Sunday we had people that made it to church from NJ and Allentown. It took some people an hour and half through snow covered roads. That's commitment. 

Now, I know some people with young children or the elderly simply are not able to make it out on bad days like today. That's not who I am addressing. 

But there are many people, I'm sure, who roll out of bed and see a skiff of snow on the ground and decide not to take the extra effort to go to church. But I'm sure many of those same people would have moved heaven and earth to make it to an NFL playoff game today or some other incredibly important event. 

I'm not trying to be confrontation, but what's more important than church - it's the family of God which involves eternity. It's the only thing that's going to last. We should treat it as such. I'm just saying...