Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Power of Presence

Yesterday was a one of those days. Mondays are usually filled with one team meeting after another - literally from sun up to sun down.

Then, during my last meeting at 8:30 pm I received a call from my wife who was noticeable shaken. She is 3 months pregnant and there were some complications so I rushed her to the hospital. After 6 hours in the emergency room we finally were able to return home (2am). Thank God, both she and the baby are doing well. No worries.

As we returned to the waiting room after having some tests done, we saw two of our friends waiting for us. I thought, "Wow, it's really cool that they would come and just be with us during a stressful and somewhat frightening few hours." In fact, some of our other friends were also at our home watching our other children so we could go to the hospital.

The power of someones presence during difficult times is huge. It's so awesome to be part of a community that understands that and more importantly - puts it into practice. Thank you for your continued prayers for my wife and for your willingness to practice the power of presence in the lives of those in need.