Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Guest Contributor - Kevin Weaver

Kevin is the new Executive Pastor at PCC. This week we're getting to know him a little better as he responds to some of my questions. Let's listen in.

Can you give us a little background about yourself … how you came to know Christ and were called into ministry?

I didn’t grow up in a Christian home but God was gracious and I discovered what it meant to have a relationship with Him in high school. Later, I was privileged to lead my parents to the Lord and now my whole family is serving God. Not long after I received Christ I continued to feel this yearning to serve Him with my life and so I promised God that if He could use me and needed me to do his biding I would go wherever He called me. And so, that has been the adventure of my life ever since.

Kevin, tell me a little bit about your new role here as Executive Pastor at PCC.

Well, I really feel called to you Dave, and I have a desire to use all my gifts and experiences to assist you in this great work here at PCC. I especially look forward to working with the staff and helping develop new ideas to see the vision God has given you flourish!

Okay, here’s a fun question. What’s your favorite food and favorite dessert?

Okay, this one is easy. My favorite food is ice cream, and my favorite dessert is ... oh yea, ice cream!!!