Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"All Aboard" Guest Contrubutor Kevin Weaver


As we really begin to discover God's plan for our lives it doesn't take too long to find that His purpose includes an ongoing partnership with Him.
One of the great mysteries of our walk with Christ is found not just in what Jesus did for us, but what He now wants to do through us. I am so glad that I can have the assurance of salvation and that God has pulled me out of the water and into the boat. But after we're rescued is there something more?
The question now is, "What's next!"
Well, I know I need to "Keep Moving", but why? Where does God want me to go? What does He want me to do? What's His ultimate plan?
I think the answers to those questions can be found at the point of our own salvation. How fortunate we all are to have someone who was rowing their boat, who came our way and picked us up along their spiritual journey.
For me it happened while in high school. Ed, a friend who had been rescued by God the summer of our sophomore year "rowed" right to me and began to tell me about the change that had occurred in his life since he had entered into a relationship with Jesus. Long story short, with God's help he pulled me into the boat of life and my life has never been the same.
So, where does God want me to go? He wants me to row to those lost in the water. What does He want me to do? He wants me to partner with Him in reaching and rescuing those who are drowning. The greatest thing of all...He promises to give us the strength and ability to do it.
Maybe the final question for us is, "Can we see ourselves as lifeguards instead of passengers on a cruise?" Just a thought!