Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ministry Mistakes - Pt. 2


2. Thinking Too Small

Big isn't always better, unless you are talking about your dreams for what God can do in and through you. God is a BIG God and he wants to do BIG things in and through our lives. Jesus didn't die on a cross for my sins and then expect me to live a life full of puny purposes.

I believe God wants us to dream BIG. To have the faith that can move mountains. Thank God it only takes a small amount of faith to do BIG things like that for God. You see, I'm convinced that thinking too small is an insult to God's power!

When I think too small:

*my faith shrinks
*our buildings plans would be inadequate
*lost people would not be sought after
*lives go unchallenged
*the church gets caught in a cul de sac (that's French for "dead end")
*my marriage coasts at mediocre levels of trust, communication, friendship and intimacy

From now on, I'm thinking BIG. After all, Jesus said, "Therefore, go, into ALL the world." He didn't just have a small vision for a select few. He wants us to touch the nations. He's got a BIG vision. Let's follow Jesus' vision and dream for BIG results in every area of our lives.