Monday, July 02, 2007

Guest Contributor Week


Yesterday we announced the arrival of our newest staff member, Kevin Weaver. Kevin and I have been friends for about 12 years. It's exciting to have him join our team here at PCC. This week Kevin will be a guest contributor on the blog. It's my hope and intention that you will be able to get to know Kevin and hear his heart and ministry mindset through this cyber conversation.

1. Kevin, tell us a little bit about your family. (Dave)

I've been married for 20 years to KyAnne and we've been blessed with three great boys, Kaleb (17), Keith (15) and Klay (13). Being the parents of 3 growing teenage boys, one of our biggest challenge is to make sure we make enough trips to the grocery store to keep their hollow legs filled.

2. Give us a little background as it relates to your ministry.

God's allowed me the privilege to be involved in many different roles. I spent 7 years in Panama as a missionary and church planter. I've been a senior pastor of 3 different churches in the capacity of related to rejuvenating churches that were really struggling. Also, I've been involved in associate roles in several churches that were church plants, partnering with guys like you Dave who have had great visions to impact their communities. All in all, I've really enjoyed the privilege of being involved in building and discipling people in different situations.

3. What are some things that you enjoy doing outside the office?

Overall, I most enjoy spending time with my wife and kids. We enjoy the outdoors, golfing, fishing, hunting, hiking, skiing and going to the movies. Most of all, we consider ourselves Disney World connoisseurs. I've been going to Disney almost every year of my life since I was twelve. I was fortunate that my grandparents retired in Florida and lived about a half hour away from Orlando.

4. Okay, last question. What are you most looking forward to now that you are here in the Poconos and on the PCC team?

The thing that I'm most excited about is just partnering with you, Dave, and doing everything I can to advance your vision. The most thrilling thing for me is to see you and PCC thrive and to know that my presence here on the team maybe had a small part in that process. Secondarily, I'm really looking forward to getting to know the staff, volunteers and all the people at PCC. We are all about relationships and enjoy developing friendships because we feel that is such an important part of the discipleship process.

Thanks, Kevin. I look forward to hearing more from your heart related to the role that has unfolded before as we have so many great times to talk about what God is doing in and through us at PCC.