Thursday, February 21, 2008

Randon Thoughts

1. Our community group met last night. It was great. We've got 4 new couples that have joined our group and they are a lot of fun. Three couples from our group last semester started a new group of their own that meets on a different night. That's awesome!

2. Today has been a busy day. I'm tying up my message for Sunday. You don't want to miss this weekend. We're going to be looking at the story of the Good Samaritan where we will discover how to demonstrate love towards others.

3. 40 Days of Love Outreaches are coming together.

  • The Gas Buy down is looking great. As gas prices continue to soar, this outreach will help people experience immediate financial relief.
  • We've met with the American Red Cross this week and they are excited about the blood drive. They are calling extra nurses and technicians to have on hand in response to the overwhelming number of donors from PCC who have already signed up.
  • The local food bank is also excited about our community-wide food drive. There is nothing like serving the poor. PCC, you are making God smile with your generosity.



4. I'm fighting off a cold this week. I've been coughing a lot and feeling achy. Please keep me in prayer.



5. Just a personal word of thanks to so many of you who have recently emailed, sent cards and letters, or for those who picked up the phone to call me and let me know you are praying for me. Your kind words, love and support, and most of all - your prayers - mean more to me than you'll ever know. It makes me proud to be called your friend and pastor.