Monday, February 04, 2008

Journal Challenge Day #27

Scripture: Acts 27:22
But now I urge you to keep up your courage, because not one of you will be lost; only the ship will be destroyed.

Observation:
During Pau's journey to Rome, a storm blew up on the sea and the ship was about to be destroyed. Instead of heeding Paul's earlier advice not to set sail, the sailors now found themselves in a life threatening situation. Despite their disobedience, Paul hears from God and encourages the crew to listen again to his advice and their lives will be saved.

Application:
What a great picture of God's protection and grace in the storms of life. Even when we don't listen the first time, God still offers grace and salvation. Instead of saying, "I told you so", God says, "I love you still."

Prayer:
Father, thank you for showing up in the storms of my life and offering me a second chance at salvation and grace. Thank you for not giving me what I deserve (which is a big fat "I told you so") and instead giving me what I need - grace and protection. Help me listen and obey today.