Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Gospel Day#3

John 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease."

John was preaching the gospel and baptizing people in water. After he baptized Jesus in the Jordan river, Jesus himself began baptizing people. Many of John's followers began to follow Jesus.

Instead of flying into a jealous fit of rage and envy, John simply recognized that everything he had received was ultimately from God. And that his job was to make the name of Jesus famous, not his own. Sometimes life in the limelight can make you blind. It's good to remember that it's never been about me, but it's always been about Jesus.

"Father, thanks for reminding me to not be a diva. And if I ever start to show diva-like tendencies, kick me in the butt and remind me that it's only about bringing glory to one name - Jesus."