Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Gospel Day #8

"But say the word, and let my servant be healed." Luke 7:7

The words spoken by the Centurion filled the air with faith. In fact, Jesus said his faith was unusual - like nothing he had ever seen. He simply asked Jesus to heal his servant by just speaking a word. This audacious faith captured the attention of Jesus and he responded to it. What would my life look like if I operated with that kind of faith? Instead of second-guessing, or worst-case-scenario planning ... today may I be guided by a "just say the word" kind of faith that fills the atmosphere with expectancy and anticipation.

"Father, I thank you for reminding me today that you have been given all authority in heaven and in earth. May I trust in you and live with audacious, bold faith today. Amen."