Thursday, September 02, 2010

Gospel Day #4

Matthew 4:4 "But he answered, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God."

The Holy Spirit led Jesus into the wilderness prior to the beginning of his preaching ministry. While there, Jesus fasted for forty days. Satan tempted Jesus three different times. On each occasion, Jesus responded with "It is written." The Word of God is the only offensive weapon we have to fight the devil (Eph. 6). Every time the devil opens his mouth, we should simply open the Word.

"Father, thank you for your Holy Scriptures that not only comfort me in times of trouble, but also defeat the work of the enemy in my life and ministry. As I study it and memorize it, please sear it on my heart and conform me to its likeness."