Saturday, September 04, 2010

Gospel Day #5

"But at your word I will let down the nets." Luke 5:5

Jesus was calling his disciples to follow him. He went to the wharf and met some fishermen who had been fishing all night and caught nothing. Jesus told them to cast their nets on the other side of the boat. Without hesitation, they obeyed and caught a huge catch.

Instant obedience to the word of Jesus bring instant success. When Jesus speaks, I must obey without hesitation. A simple "I will" reply is all that Jesus asks. An obedient and submissive spirit that follows Jesus without delay will yield great joy and satisfaction in life and ministry.

"Father, help to obey your Word today without hemming and hawing or questioning or complaining or second-guessing. I want to follow you with first-time, cheerful obedience, knowing full well that you will weigh down my life with your blessing."