Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday Night Mind Dump

  • Had an awesome Father's Day today. My kids all wore their Steeler's jerseys for me. They took me out to Big Daddy's - a local eatery. Had an awesome Prime Rib. Thanks guys. So thankful for Bekah and my kids.
  • My Dad and Grandfather joined me for a Father's Day interview at PCC. It was probably the most memorable experience I've ever had in church. They did such an awesome job sharing real life stories of what it means to be a man of faith. So much practical stuff. My 93 year old grandfather stole the show - he was incredible. So thankful and blessed for the rich spiritual heritage that's been passed on to me. 
  • My whole family was also in church today. So great to have them in church and spend time with them this afternoon.
  • Having a great time hanging out with my brother and his family tonight. Watching some reruns of the US Open golf tournament. Doesn't look too good for Tiger.
  • Have an incredibly busy work week lined up. Staff conferrals...Elder Team meeting...Consultants in town...Strategizing for the next stage of growth at PCC...Sermon prep for the new series "Life of the B List" (8 week study on the Matthew 5:1-12 on the Beattitudes that kicks off July 12)...
  • Need to prepare some lectures for July- I was invited to speak at the Seminarians Conference at AGTS
  • Praying for our Student Youth Ministry team headed to El Salvador for a week long missions trip. Godspeed Underground!