Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Guest Blogger Rebekah Crosby


It was Kate's first day of Kindergarten today. After prayer, many discussions, and more prayer Dave and I made the decision to home school. There were many days before today that I wondered if we made the right decision for Kate. After today I know that for us this was the right decision. We had a great first day, and I got to be with her for every moment. As a mom I ate up every second, knowing I was investing in my daughter. It was such a fun day. We did reading, writing, spelling, math, puzzles, games, history, and geography. Kate is a little sponge. She loves to learn, and I love teaching her. We both ended today wanting more.

I only get Kate for a few years and then she will be off on her own. Every moment I invest in my kids I am preparing them to become adults. I don't want to miss a thing.

The most important thing you can do is invest in your child. Spend time with them, get to know them, play with them, pray with them, read to them, and educate them. It doesn't matter if your child is in public, private, or home school. The kids who get the best education, are the kids whose parents are involved.