Monday, September 29, 2008

Getting the Pattern Right

This past weekend our special guest speaker, Lynn Wheeler, shared a message at the Iron Man Retreat entitled, "Getting the Pattern Right."

The gist of the message was that when we do life God's way, He honors our obedience with His blessing. 

For example, God instructed Moses to build a Tabernacle so the children of Israel would have a place to worship Him while in the desert prior to inhabiting the Promise Land. God gave Moses very specific instructions on how to build the Tabernacle. 

Unfortunately, Moses thought he knew how to build a better Tabernacle than God. In fact, God had to correct Moses 17 times and bring him back to the divine design. Once Moses executed God's blueprints, the book of Exodus tells us that God's glory filled the Tabernacle. In other words, when we get the pattern right, the glory of God shows up.

When I survey the landscape of my relationships, marriage, family, finances and ministry I have been personally challenged to execute God's pattern, not my own. Less of me and more of God. There is no substitute to the glory and presence of God showing up in my life and ministry. Help me God to get the pattern right!