Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Reading List

We've all heard the statement, "Leaders are learners." One of my favorite ways to learn is to read. When I read it's like I get to sit down with the author and have his/her undivided attention. It's really amazing if you think about it. You get to hear their insights on the particular subject.

One of my reading goals this year is to read 300 books. I know that sounds like a lot, but I only read really short books. Ha! I'm a little bit behind, but at least I have a target to shoot for.

Here's what I'm reading:

1. The World is Flat by Thomas Freidman. It's a brief history of the 21st century.

2. The Multiplying Church by Bob Roberts - this guy is brilliant.

3. What's So Great About Christianity by Dinesh D'Souza.

4. Glocalization by Bob Roberts. Great pair with Freidman's book.

5. Leadership and Self-Deception by The Arbinger Institute. Our staff just finished reading this together as a team. A must read for all teams. It will rock your world.