Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I'll Fly Away

This week I'm at District Council. You say, what's that? Well, I'm part of the Assemblies of God denomination. You actually have to dig pretty deep in PCC's website to discover our denominational affiliation.

I guess that's because I'm not really into labels. I think Jesus came to break us free from all that stuff.
More importantly, I don't think the lost really care about labels either. People that are part of PCC don't come because we are part of the Assemblies of God denomination.

They come for a variety of other more important factors such as: they experience the presence of God in the services, friendly people, the environment of love and acceptance, relevant teaching, the great kids programs, etc.

Nevertheless, I think it's good to have accountability in life and especially in ministry. So, I'm here to be part of the larger church family. Since we have some important meetings back in Pocono tonight, my good friend actually flew me and the staff down to Dover, Delaware for our meetings. It was a smooth flight and in my opinion, the only way to travel. Plus, it was tons of fun. Thanks Dave for the flight.