Monday, May 05, 2008

Graduation Remarks


Here are some picture of me and the family at the AGTS graduation last week. I thought I'd include a few words from my graduation remarks to encourage my blog readers who are also preparing to graduate and launch out into ministry themselves.

"Friends, these are the most exciting days to do ministry because I believe we are working in the end times. Jesus is coming back soon and I want him to find me with my hand to the plow and my face set like a flint towards the mission field to which He has called me.
As the writer of Hebrews encouraged that great cloud of witnesses to do ministry with faith that pleases God - let me encourage you today. When I look at you I know that you all represent future teachers, missionaries, counselors, evangelist, pastors, church planters and many more avenues and arenas of ministry.
And it's my strongly held belief that the brightest teachers have yet to stand before their first class, the bravest missionaries have yet to set foot on foreign soil, the greatest evangelist have yet to hold their first crusade, the greatest preachers have yet to preach their first sermon and the greatest churches have yet to be built. As you commence from here, always remember that the one who calls you is faithful."