Monday, May 19, 2008

OK City

I'm in Oklahoma City today and tomorrow for our annual church planters round table. A couple of my friends and I started the yearly gathering a few years ago with the idea to be together with other like minded church planters and discuss best practices and build community.

This event is one that I look forward to all year because I get to hang out with some of the coolest and most successful church planters from around the country. I always come away from this gathering with a truckload of ideas on how to better reach my community for Christ, as well as tons of inspiration from other church planters that posses infectious faith.



While in Oklahoma City I got to go tour Life Church and visit with some of the staff. The facility is amazingly unassuming considering the fact it's one of the largest and most influential churches in America today. They minister to over 20,000 people every weekend.

You won't find any gaudy architecture or waisted space here. The strategy of the church comes through crystal clear from the design and layout of the building - they have decided to build a functional and affordable facility that reaches young families and the lost. Their staff was friendly and extremely accommodating. The entire church is a testimony to God's grace and the leadership of their pastor Craig Groeschel.