Monday, August 27, 2007

What a Journey

This past weekend I spoke at The Journey Church in NYC for my friend Nelson Searcy. God is doing awesome things at the Journey. Nelson and his team are some of the greatest people I've met in ministry. They started a multi-site ministry almost 6 years ago and now they have grown to over 1000 people in attendance. The average age of the congregation is 29. The Journey is full of seekers and new Christ-followers.

I also spoke on Saturday for my good friend Pastor Emilio Quinterra at Elim Ministries. Pastor Emilio planted a Spanish speaking church in the Poconos 5 years ago. This past weekend they had a young adults retreat with students from NY, NJ, Maryland and PA in attendance. They are doing a fantastic work for God here among our Spanish-speaking community.

What a thrill to be used of God and to rub shoulders with great people. After speaking 6 times this weekend I'm exhausted. But God is refreshing me moment by moment. Have a great week.