Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Family Day

I took today off. It was an absolutely gorgeous day in the Poconos. My family and I went out for breakfast at our favorite spot, Cozy Corners. Kate and I had a relaxing tea party while Bekah and David enjoyed some delicious pancakes.

After breakfast we went to a petting zoo and almost scared a horse to death. That was interesting. Then we made our way down to Country Junction, the worlds largest country store. We picked up some fall fest costumes for the kids. They look adorable.

We spent the afternoon working around the house. I piled up sticks from our back yard for about 3 hours and Bekah made a phenomenal meal - pork chops with rice and black beans and homemade salsa. Mmmmmm.

I got the kids showered and to bed and just watched a little of the US Open. I'm a huge tennis fan. Well, the wheels are about the fall off so I'm headed to bed.

I feel like the luckiest guy in the world to spend an entire day with my family and enjoy every minute of it. Life doesn't get any better.