Thursday, August 16, 2007

Study Day

I've been hard a work all morning preparing for this weekends message, "Fight Club." I'm really excited about to be speaking this weekend, especially on such a hot topic. I meet so many people who struggle with conflict in life. This Sunday we are going to look at James 4:1-12 and learn together what God has to say about how to effectively handle conflict. Perhaps you might want to read through those scriptures this week and prepare your heart for what God might wish to communicate to you this weekend.

I'm also having lunch today with a church planter in Philadelphia. God has opened the door for me to work with church planters all across the country. I really feel honored to have the opportunity to speak into the lives of other pastors and help them avoid making a lot of the mistakes I've made in ministry.

In fact, tomorrow I'm flying to Nashville for a one day seminar to finish up my national certification for church planting/health coaching with Church Coaching Solutions and CoachNET. I'm excited about investing in God's Kingdom. I also think that there is a spiritual principle at work when you give your time and resources away to someone else for the sake of the Gospel that God will pour back to you.