Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Time Questions

King David said, "My times are in your hands." (Ps. 31:15) In other words, David said, "every moment of my day belongs to you, God, as well as my life as a whole." That fact challenged me today as I read it. It made me ask some tough questions about my life.

For example:
  • What do I need to start doing?
  • What do I need to stop doing?
  • Where should I spend my free time? How does that impact my entertainment choices?
  • What about my family? Am I spending both quality time and quantity time with them?
  • Am I investing enough of my life in my ministry - to my family, to my church, to my neighbor, to my community.
I think the statement "My times are in your hands" also carries with it the implication that I need to make my life count. Eternity hangs in the balance. To waste my time is to waste my life. In other words, what I live "for" is far more important than what I live "on." My prayer today is for God to help focus my life so that I can make the most of it for Him.