Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Happy Birthday David III

Today my oldest son, David III, turns 4 years old. I'm so proud of this little guy. Sure, he can be a bit mischievous from time to time, but he has such a sweet spirit. We're celebrating this evening with a Spiderman birthday party. I can't wait to give him his presents. Then on Friday the rest of the family will join us for another fun time in honor of David.

As I look forward into the future, here are some of the things I pray for my son:
*That he has a heart fully devoted to God
*That he fulfills Gods purpose for his life in his generation
*That he develop his God-given gifts for God's glory
*That he makes wise choices
*That he surrounds himself with good friends
*That he defends the defenseless
*That his heart will burn to reach the lost for Christ
*That he have a love for knowledge and do his best in academic pursuits
*That he would develop a love for music and learn to play an instrument
*That he keeps laughing and enjoying life
*That he will always stay close to his mother
*That he looks out for his older sister and younger brothers
*That he finds a great Christian girl someday and has a family of his own