Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Update

We had an amazing day yesterday at PCC. This summer we are studying the Beatitudes in our series, "Life on the B List." I'm learning so much more about what Jesus wants for me and expects of me as a radically devoted disciple. If you want to listen to any of the messages, you can go here.

The worship team did an excellent job yesterday too. Our special guest, Stephanie Peters, was here all weekend leading a worship workshop for the team. I spent a little time with the team, sitting in on some of the sessions and yesterday I could sense a difference among our team as it relates to a deeper passion and sensitivity to the work of the Holy Spirit in our services. Thanks guys. You are awesome.

As a reminder from yesterday's message, Celebrate Recovery meets tonight at 7pm in the multipurpose room. I would encourage anyone who is going through a season of grief, addiction, or heartache to come and let God comfort your through other people, His Word and the Spirit. It's a safe place to get the help you need.