Monday, July 13, 2009

Kids Camp

This morning a bunch of excited kids boarded the buss for summer kids camp. I'm not sure who was happier, the kids going to camp or their parents waving goodbye. Too funny.
Summer camp is a great opportunity to meet new friends, have lots of fun and hear from the Lord. In fact, the Lord called me into ministry when I was only 8 years old while attending camp at Cherry Tree Lane. I'll never forget sitting towards the back of that open air tabernacle on the wooden benches and responding to the preaches invitation to the altar call for those that wanted to dedicated the rest of their lives to full time ministry service. I almost ran to the altar that night was prayed for and also received the infilling of the Holy Spirit. What a memory! What a night!
Statistics show that most of those in full time ministry today, especially missionaries, received the call to ministry prior to the age of eleven. Think about that. That's pretty amazing.
As a parent, I need to recognize the sensitivity that my children have for the Lord and intentionally create opportunities for them to develop their faith - like sending them to camp.