Monday, June 09, 2008

Weekend Update

What an awesome weekend here in the Poconos. It's been gorgeous and hot as this heat wave on the Northeast swept through our community. Even though attendance was down yesterday at PCC because of the NASCAR Pocono 500 Race, we still had great services. We wrapped up our series Exposed: Expelling the Myth of Evolution. The message will be posted later today if you missed it.

After second service I had the opportunity to go to the race with some of my friends. It was my first race ever and it certainly won't be my last. What a rush! The roar of the 40 race cars with their 800 horsepower engines is a sound that will never get old.

This week is shaping up be another busy one with staff meeting, creative team planning meetings, sermon preparation, construction meeting, and also a trip to NYC for a one day seminar. I'm incredibly blessed to get to do what I love everyday.