Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Update

This past weekend was off the charts again. Our attendance was over 1100 with many people returning after Easter and lots of new first time guests. I've got to give it up to Urbane Gospel Choir who sang in both services. They were awesome. You've got to check these young people out. They brought the heat. If you are a pastor, I highly recommend having them for a service.

After second service, the family and I headed out to Harrisburg to be with my family. Bekah and the kids will be there all week while I travel to Virginia. I will be coaching church planters for the week as they prepare to launch their new churches.

Some ask me, "Dave, why do you spend time investing in other church planters? Aren't you busy enough with your own church?" The short answer is "yes." I've got plenty of work to do. It's not like I'm waking up in the morning and looking for stuff to keep me busy. However, I believe in the principal of spiritual reciprocity. That is, whatever I give out I get back. Sure, time is the most valuable commodity we have - whenever you spend it you can't get it back. But as I invest in others I know that God will bring others into my life that will invest in me. Either way - God's Kingdom wins!