Tuesday, March 25, 2008

InsideOUT

This Sunday we kick off a brand new series that we are calling InsideOUT. The Bible says in Ephesians 3:20 "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, (we like that part don't we), according to his power that is at work within us." That tells me that God changes me from the inside out.
If you were a first time guest at PCC on Easter or a regular attender, you don't want to miss this new series. This weekend we are going to look at how God can help us overcome WORRY. Jesus taught some thought-provoking things regarding what we do with our thoughts and He especially challenges us to change from "worry-ers" to "worshipers."


Just for kicks and in the spirit of honesty, below are a few worries that I struggle with:

1. My kids and the future they will inherit.
2. The personal safety of my family and myself. I'm somewhat of a hypochondriac.
3. The lost and the fact that they will spend eternity outside of God's presence.
4. Going bald.
5. Getting fat.
6. What others think of me.
7. The future success and growth of the church.

Confession is good for the soul. As you can see, I'm just a fellow "struggler" and I need this weekends message more than anyone!!!