Thursday, April 08, 2010

10 Questions the Unchurched ARE Asking

One of my "mentors from afar" is Perry Noble, Lead Pastor of New Spring Church. He recently posted on his blog 10 Questions that the Unchurched are NOT asking - a reality check for most church leaders. Great stuff, Perry.

In response, I came up with another question: What ARE the Unchurched Asking?

10 Questions the Unchurched ARE Asking:

1. Is there anyone in this church like me?
2. Will they accept me here?
3. Is it going to be a long and boring service?
4. Can I make a difference with my life and counteract injustice through this church?
5. Are they going to judge me at this church?
6. What do they have for my kids?
7. Will I find meaning and purpose for my life here?
8. Will the roof cave in or lightning strike when I walk in this church?
9. Can I ask hard questions about God in this place and feel safe sharing my doubts?
10. Will someone teach me about the Bible - it's principles and stories - and show me how to apply it to my life because I'm really interested in what it says and I really want to know more about Jesus - who he is and what he's all about.