Monday, December 03, 2007

Weekend Update

Incredible! That's the one word to describe the Take 6 Christmas outreach concert last Saturday night. I'm not even sure that one word does the outreach justice. The house was packed and everyone enjoyed an awesome night of music and fun. Although we didn't do a formal invitation for salvation, I know many hearts and lives were changed by God's presence in that theatre. We will hear many stories of life change in the days and weeks to come.

Let me just brag on PCC Worship team that opened for Take 6. We are so blessed to have such awesome worship leaders in Derek and Nadeen Edwards. They rock the house and get everybody into God's presence when they lead. What I love about them most is not that they are just the best musicians in the Poconos, but that they have the most humble hearts too. I was so proud of our worship and creative arts teams who did a phenomenal job.

About Take 6 ... these guys were literally off the charts. Their manager said in the 20 years that he has traveled with them that they never had a night like the one they had with Pocono Community Church. I was privileged to meet the guys and pray with them before the concert and I just enjoyed their spirit and their ministry.

Last of all, I want to thank the rest of the team at PCC for everything they did. From Kevin and Mary Ellen and Erin and the rest of the gang who played such a critical role in pulling this outreach event together - you all are awesome.