Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What's Up With Your Blog, Dave?

As you can see, I haven't blogged since Easter. Honestly, I just thought that it wasn't making much a difference. I guess I hadn't seen any feedback and thought that no one was really reading it. The pragmatist in me surmised that I'm not going to give time to something that isn't making an impact on someone's life.

That all changed last week when I read an email from a teenager in our church and asked me, "What's up with your blog, Dave?" He went on to tell me that he had been reading my blog daily and that it was really something he enjoyed and was helping him grow spiritually. Needless to say, I felt the conviction of the Holy Spirit and decided to get back into the blogosphere.

This whole deal kind of makes me think a lot about ministry in general. You know, we serve God and one another and give of ourselves in the name of Jesus and sometimes we think that it's not making a difference. Often times when we think no one is looking, listening or reading or even appreciating what we are doing - there is someone there checking our every move from afar.

So, thanks to Ernest, I'm back in the game.