Monday, March 12, 2007

Weekend Update

Well, I'm recovering from an exhausting four days of ministry. Our Extreme Home Makeover was a huge success, but a lot of work, too. I spent something like 35 hours in 3 days working along side almost 100 volunteers. We scrubbed walls, painted, laid 1500 square feet of new carpet, installed new Pergo floors in the dining room, laid new linoleum in both bathrooms and kitchen, built an additional bedroom wall, and lots of cleaning.

I am so proud of our church family and how we all came together to make this happen. I have to admit, I had a few doubts along the way but God helped us and we were able to bless this deserving family. What an awesome reward to see them come through the doors of their new home for the first time. Their tears of joy was reward enough for me.