Monday, March 26, 2007

Change - Part 1

Last week I witnessed an inspiring event. I was getting out of my car and looked up into the blue sky and saw a huge flock of geese flying north. I know Pennsylvania is famous for our weather forecasting ground hog, Punxsutawney phil. But there is no greater indicator of the end of winter than a flock of geese flying overhead due north. What a sign of change.

If you think about it, everything changes in life. Seasons change. Communities change. Culture and technology is constantly morphing and changing. Feelings change. Our bodies change.

There are two great truths in life:
1) Change is inevitable;
2) Most people resist change.

Easter is all about change too. Death to life. Hopelessness to hope. Old to new. This week I want to share some thoughts about change and perhaps inspire you to take a proactive approach to change and give you some practical insight on how you can best deal with the changes in life.