Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Promises, Promises, Promises

"Remember the word that you commanded your servant Moses, saying, "If you are unfaithful, I will scatter you among the peoples, but if you return to me and keep my commandments and do them, though your outcasts are in the uttermost parts of heaven, from there I will gather them and bring them to the place that I have chosen, to make my name dwell there." Nehemiah 1:8

During this pivotal time, Nehemiah reminds God of the promises He made concerning the people of Israel. What an audacious thing to do!

Does God need to be reminded of His promises? Does he struggle with amnesia? Is He a forgetful Father? Absolutely not.

But we see all the greats of the Old Testament offer these prayer-reminders to God. Abraham did it. Moses did it. David did it. All the prophets did it.

My daughter recently reminded me of a promise I made to her. I love that my kids remember the words I speak into their life. It does my heart good to keep a promise. As a father, nothing makes me happier than to bless my kids and make good on my promises.

Our Heavenly Fathers feels the same way. He's not a distant or detached father that forgets His promises. No. He's trustworthy - worthy of our trust. And He always delivers.

Did you know the Bible contains over 7000 promises from God? Claim the promises of God for 2012. Pray the promises. Speak the promises over your life, family, business and future.

Don't forget: For every problem in life, there's a promise from God.