Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Daniel Fast Day #11

Psalm 35:13 "I afflicted myself with fasting."

The first time I read this verse written by King David I was like, 'Totally feel ya bro. This fasting thing is tough on the body."

But then I realized that the word "affliction" is best defined as "humility."

To fast is to truly humble yourself. It's amazing how much my body and my physical appetite can control my life. It's humbling to realize that there are things in my life that have been brought to the surface during this season of fasting. It's caused me to deal with certain attitudes, reactions to particular people or just my disposition and general demeanor.

But fasting is bring my flesh under submission to my spirit - or better yet - the Spirit of the Living God inside of me. Fasting will truly position anyone to deal with the junk in their life and obtain victory for the glory of God.

I'm so glad we are half through this fast and I'm excited to see all that God will do in us in the second half. Don't give up!