Sunday, October 03, 2010

Weekend Highlights

We had a great great weekend at PCC. Here are some of the highlights.

*Amena Brown's poetry was AWESOME. So looking forward to having her come back to PCC again in thefuture.
*Saturday night service was packed with over 500 in attendance.
*We had tons of first time guests this weekend. I'll get the actual number tomorrow. I heard that we had 31 first time guest in our kids ministry alone. Thanks for inviting your friends PCCers.
*We kicked off our new message series, End of the World. It's a a study on eschatology and it was really well received. I want to thank my friend Herbert Cooper and Peoples Church for hooking me up with some of the creative elements for the series. Thanks bro!
*We got some hate mail and phone calls from people who didn't like our advertising campaign for the new series. That's fine with me. If you aren't offending Pharisees and religious folks than you probably aren't doing the ministry of Jesus.
*The parking lot was packed this weekend at all of our services. We have to fix that problem quickly.
*The worship and creative arts team did an amazing job this weekend.
*I said the word "Schmuck" from the pulpit in the Saturday evening service. I was searching for the world "charlatan" and somehow my brain defaulted to schmuck. I feel really bad I used that kind of a word from the pulpit and I certainly apologize. No one told me they were offended but nonetheless I wouldn't want to do anything to tarnish the reputation of Christ or His pulpit at PCC.
*We welcomed new staff member Brad Wicks to the church family this weekend. Brad is going to lead the spiritual development ministries of the church. His wife, Denise, and their children are driving 18 hours this week to Pocono from the midwest. Please pray for their safe arrival.
*Super excited about First Tuesday Prayer meeting this week. Pastor Brad and Denise will be sharing their story of how God worked a miracle in their marriage and family. You don't want to miss it.