Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Teams Work

For us at PCC, church is a team sport. And when I say team, I'm referring to something more akin to soccer rather than America's favorite pastime, baseball. We don't operate with the mentality of putting our hope in an all-star, multi-million dollar player that gets up to the plate and with one solitary swing of the bat can change the outcome of the game.

The metaphor that best symbolizes us at PCC is that of a soccer team that works together simultaneously and in sync as they pass the ball to one another and move it towards the ultimate goal.

I love working with my team here at PCC. They are a diverse, multi-talented group of some of the most compassionate and gifted people I know.

Here's why I like working with teams:
1. Teams get more done.
2. Teams have more fun.
3. Teamwork generates greater creativity.
4. Teams encourage each other. If one fails, there are others around to pick up the slack and encourage the fallen.
5. Teams hold one another accountable.

Here's a nice saying to live by: all of us is better than one of us.