Monday, August 10, 2009

Leonard's Story

Yesterday I ran into an old friend. His name is Leonard. One of my buddies at PCC met Leonard in a local pizza shop over a year ago and invited him to come to PCC. Well, Leonard came to church that next Sunday and I met him in the hallway of the school where we were holding services. In all honestly, he was a mess. He was hooked on heroine. He could hardly speak without breaking down. He had so much pain in his life and I really felt for the guy. He was desperate and needed God's love and grace in a profound way. Well, Leonard gave his heart to Jesus that day and started attending PCC. It wasn't too long that he moved back closer to his family some hours away and I had lost touch with him.

After the second service yesterday a distinguished looking gentlemen came up to say hi to me. I could tell the man genuinely loved the Lord, he had a sweet spirit and carried with him an undeniable joy and peace. We talked for a moment and I soon realized that I was speaking with Leonard! I didn't even recognize him. He had completely changed on both the inside and out. It was as if the Lord restored 20 years to his life.

Leonard brought me up to speed on how good God had been to him since he left Pocono. He had reunited him with family and was now attending engineering school and had already lined up a job. As teared rolled down his face, he thanked me and PCC for helping him find God and discover better way to live life.

I'm so glad to be part of a church that helps people like Leonard experience the life changing power of Jesus Christ.