Thursday, April 23, 2009

Coaching Pt. 2

Sorry for not posting in a few days. I've been in bed sick as a dog. Thanks for your prayers and patience. Been working too hard and running too fast (I use the word "running" metaphorically). Anyway, here's part 2 of the coaching post.

2. A Good Coach Asks Tough Questions

Good coaches always ask tough questions. Someone said, "The quality of your questions will determine the quality of your life."

Here are some of the questions my coach regularly asks me:

1. What is the one thing that is impeding your progress?

2. What benefits/payoffs do you experience by not doing anything about it?

3. What would you like to see happen in this situation?

4. What are you pretending not to know about this situation?

5. What resources do you need to overcome this challenge?

6. What are you going to do about? When?

7. Would you like some accountability with that?

8. How can I pray with you?