Monday, August 11, 2008

Team USA

I woke my wife up last night just before midnight when I was screaming my head off watching the US Olympic Mens relay team crush the previous world/Olympic record in their historic win over the French and the rest of the world. What a race!

The best thing about the race was listening to the announcer say over and over prior to the start, "I've looked at this race on paper a dozen different ways and France always comes out on top." It reminded me that statistics and computer programs, as valuable as they are, cannot account for heart and passion.

Team USA won that race because they wanted it more. Yeah, they were outmatched on paper. But passion and teamwork are far greater allies than cold stats.

What are you passionate about? How will that passion help you overcome the naysayers this week?